HOW TO ENJOY OUR MICROGREENS
Our Gnomes Sampler will give you enough Microgreens to add to different meals and boost the nutrition in any dish!
Add them to salads, make a pure microgreen salad, nutritiously boost sandwiches and add them to soups.
Enjoy a Microgreen Salad
Our Gnomes Sampler has our full range available so we recommend giving it a good toss with your favourite salad dressing, some salt/pepper, some croutons, add some shredded chicken or a veggie substitute.
Make it a side salad or your main meal, either way a nutritious living food punch will be had!
Take a Sandwich to the Next Level
Bread in any context usually isn't the best so we recommend some high quality bread here, we have a ton of sandwich ideas! Working at the market farm and keeping us interested in the humble sandwich has been as ongoing revolution!
Microgreens really tops off whatever filling you choose. As far as salad goes to the addition you just can't beat what microgreens offer per gram regarding nutrition.
Vegetable Soup with Microgreens
1 Medium Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Decent Leek
2 Large Celery Sticks
3 Medium Carrots
1 Medium Floury Potato (Rooster)
100g Chestnut/Button Mushrooms
2 Large handfuls of Microgreens (Sunflower, Peas, Radish, Broccoli)
1 tsp each of Dried Thyme/Parsley/Basil/Oregano (Use fresh if you have them)
1 Ltr-1.5 Ltr of Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock. Add as much as you like to cover the veg. Add more to thin it out if you'd like. Use your favourite stock cubes and use a little less water than the packages instructions.
1. Peel and Prepare all of your veg by fine dicing the Onion, Garlic, Leek, Celery & Carrots.
Rough chop the mushrooms and potato.
2. In a Large pot add 2 Tbls Olive Oil or butter to a medium heat.
3. Fry the garlic for a couple of seconds, then add the onion for a couple of minutes. Add the Celery, Leek, Carrots, Mushrooms , Potato and herbs, mix them in the pot and sweat them for about 5 mins.
4. Add the stock to cover the veg, mix it through and simmer with the lid on for about 30mins. Until the veg is well cooked.
5. Take it off the heat, add 2 big handfuls of Gnomes Microgreens and give it a good blend!
6. IMPORTANT STEP: Add some extra stock to thin the soup or let it simmer with the lid off to thicken it up. Use your taste buds and add salt & pepper to what you like. Garnish with some Microgreens and serve with croutons, fresh rolls or whatever you like.
Juicing - Lets start off easy
Simply add any of our microgreens to a juice or smoothie to pack a nutrititious punch!
A Wheatgrass or Barley Shot
300g of Fresh Cut Wheatgrass or Barleygrass. (This is a trays worth of our finest)
* 300g should yield about 200-250ml of juice and 1 shot is about 30ml or 1 fluid oz. So you should get 6 - 8 shots from a portion from us.
TOP TIP: Add a small amount of fresh ginger to the juicing process to take the edge off the flavour.
1 shot per day is more than enough! So don't over do it.
Tool for the Job
You can use either a slow manual masticating juicer (a cheap one is grand!) or a blender. We recommend the juicer as it is more efficient at juice extraction and a blender will need abit of water while blending and a good strain afterwards, but doable!
Juice what you've got and drink the fresh juice each day, you can store it in a jug and have it each day, store it in small shot size containers or freeze what's left into a large icecube tray.
How long will it store?
Fresh juice will last up to a week in the fridge and longer frozen.
Some Juicing Recipes
Ready to start juicing these nutritious greens? You don’t even need any special recipes, to be honest – just take any green juice recipe and substitute the microgreens for kale, spinach, chard, etc. But in case you want some ideas, here are some delicious microgreen juice recipes to get you started!
Tropical Greens Digestive Juice
Here’s a great green juice to sip on when your digestive system could use a helping hand:
1/2 of a pineapple
1 cup microgreens
1 lime (peeled)
Pineapple is chock full of bromelain, a digestive enzyme that helps you digest proteins and pear is rich in soluble fiber, which absorbs water and softens stool, helping to push you past any bouts of constipation.
Simple Juicy Juice!
Here’s a simple digestion-boosting, nutrition-packed juice recipe that’s perfect for breakfast:
2 green apples
1 celery stalks
1 cup microgreens
1/2 lemon (peeled)
small handful of mint
It’s low in calories and huge on benefits.